Santa Monica Summer Project

Santa Monica Summer Project
My roommates and I on the first day

Monday, April 8, 2013

Regarding the picture from Mexico


In case you were wondering about the picture above, I spent my spring break in Mexico this year. I went on a short term mission trip with 5 other girls on my hall and 6 boys from my brother hall. We went down to Mexicali and served at a local church called Nuevo Pacto. While there, we put on a VBS for the kids in the neighborhood and attempted to serve the people of the church in any ways possible. This included daily prayer sessions where we would pray over the leaders of the church while they were praying over us.

The language barrier was tough for me, but struggling through it helped me to see what God has to show me. Having to prove yourself through your actions rather than words is hard, but rewarding. By the end of the week, I was able to have friends even though we understood very little of what each other was saying!

Overall, I came out of my spring break with a better understanding of myself, my fellow APU students, and of the extreme differences in culture so close to school.

Here are a few pictures that captured the essence of my trip.

some of the greatest friends I have made in college.
me and Kristin.



kids always love a piƱata!
a beautiful sunset


giving pedicures to the women in the church.





wonderful girls whom I miss so dearly.







me and Sayra, my new friend





The gangs all here!

 Concluding Thoughts

Mexico was a wonderful way to spend my Spring Break and I wouldn't have had it any other way. If you would like to hear more about my trip or have any questions regarding this summer, feel free to call me, email me, or message me on Facebook.

Thank you and God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment