Santa Monica Summer Project

Santa Monica Summer Project
My roommates and I on the first day

Thursday, June 13, 2013

2 days...wait...1 DAY!

Hello friends!

I am lying here not asleep with so little time until project! I just received an email from Summer Project staff informing us of  their past week of preparation on project. They have already gone out sharing a few times and so far one person has prayed to receive Christ. Praise the LORD!

Other things to report: As you probably already know, there was a shooting at Santa Monica City College earlier this week. Obviously I have already heard about concerns with living in this type of environment, but in my opinion, we are needed more here than anywhere else.

"It is the sick that need a doctor...not the healthy"

I am confident that God will protect us this summer. The people and culture in Santa Monica is broken and I feel blessed to be a part of its restoration.

These past few weeks have had a lot of ups and downs regarding seeing friends but wanting so badly for project to start. I have had conversations recently with friends that are already at summer projects in other parts of the nation, and they seem to be loving it. I can't wait to be a part of a new community -- a community that loves Jesus and exists for my growth in Christ as well as their own.

Prayer Requests

1) Safe travel for everyone to Santa Monica on Friday afternoon
2) financial support for me as well as others who haven't raised enough yet either
3) that people would be receptive to the Gospel
4) for all summer projects around the nation -- that sharing would happen through the Holy Spirit



Thank you for your prayers and support. I can't believe this will be a reality in just 36 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment